Saturday, December 7, 2013

How We Do Christmas

I've shared this a few times before, but seeing as I've just wrapped up my shopping for the year, I thought it wouldn't hurt to elaborate on our standing four gift rule for the littles from Santa at Christmastime.


Christmasgifts


The "do" family outing is always the most anticipated gift.  Over the last couple of years we’ve done Snow Mountain, the Circus, and Medieval Times.  This year's "do" is the bulk of their gifts (very small things for 1, 2 and 4) and we can't wait for it to get here!!


December 2012 264 copy

In addition to the 4 Santa gifts, we give them each one (small) gift from us and they are giving each other a gift this year for the first time.  It was pretty cute to shop for and, remarkably, both chose a board game for his brother :-)  I still remember the year Sister and I independently chose the exact same gray stuffed animal cat for each other.  So sweet.

Since I've droned on and on about our gift exchanging, I might as well share the last little bit.  Honey and I both choose an ornament for their Christmas trees in their rooms, and we also pick an ornament for each other.  The ornament is something symbolic of that year....we've done everything from sports to cartoons to trips.

Speaking of Honey, I've got the best $6 gift ever for him and a surprise for him and the boys.  I usually end up giving him something lame (ie. clothes) so I'm super excited for 12/25 to roll around this year.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment