Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Candy Cane Whoopie Pies

I just adore our little elf Scout.  I mean, how fantastic is it that we both love the exact same things!?!?  When he left the littles the fixins for Candy Cane Whoopie Pies we couldn’t wait to get started.

December 2013 382 copy

All you need is a box of Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix and a tub of vanilla icing. 
- Prepare and bake the cookie dough as directed.  As soon as they come out of the oven, top half of them with the candy cane pieces. 
- Once they are completely cooled, have your littles spread the plain half of the cookies with vanilla icing and then top with one of cookies decorated with candy canes. 
- Sprinkle more candy cane pieces around the edges and you’re done!



As much as I hated to part with them, we even bagged up a couple for sweet friend M as a pick-me-up when she had the PCP spend the night last weekend.

photo 4 (4)

As an aside, it’s worth mentioning that I do kind of have a thing for chocolate peppermint desserts.  When I was pregnant with the baby, I guzzled down a Chick-fil-A Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake every.single.day during the holidays.  (Do you know how many calories are in one of those?  If not, DON’T LOOK.)  It was obscene.  So much so that I ordered TWO on Saturdays since they are closed on Sundays.  It’s no wonder that the baby was nine pounds and a whole week early.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment