Sunday, September 29, 2013

Prayer Cards

I think I mentioned it a few weeks back, but John will complete the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion over the next eight months!  He will need to be able to say the Lord’s Prayer, Glory Be and Hail Mary by himself to the priest.  We don’t want him to be so nervous about just remembering the words that he can’t appreciate the real meaning of the sacraments.  Soooo… I made him these prayer cards to practice on his own when he has a few minutes at home or in the car or just wherever. 

September 2013 104

September 2013 105

I used a different color card for each prayer and also included the words for making the sign of the cross.  I broke each prayer up on to a few different cards so that he can try to say a phrase without looking and then flip the card to check his work or give him a prompt.  After they were all written, I just punched a hole in the top of each one and attached them with a binder ring.  I studied with flash cards from elementary school right through grad school so this was kind of second nature for me.  Of course, we will continue say his prayers together as a family at bedtime… and I’m hoping the baby will know these rote by the time he’s in second grade… but some independent study can’t hurt.

xoxo

Find me at: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Tatertots and Jello, A Stroll Through Life, French Country Cottage, No Minimalist Here, The36th Avenue, It's Overflowing, Shine on Fridays, DIY Show Off, House of Hepworth, 52 Mantels, I Heart Nap Time, The Frugal Girls,Six Sisters Stuff, One Project Closer, Jennifer Rizzo, Le Chateau des Fleurs, Common Ground, Liz Marie Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Miss Mustard Seed, Sugar Bee Crafts, Elizabeth and Co, Rain on a Tin Roof, Coastal Charm, Uncommon Designs, Mop It Up Monday, The Tablescaper, A Lived In Home, Monday Funday, The Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch, Remodelaholic, Evolution of Style

No comments:

Post a Comment