Monday, September 9, 2013

Brother’s Room Kick Off

As promised, I’m back today to kick off “project: brother’s room”.  This is the look John and I are working towards…

JohnsRoom

... keep in mind that I don't have pictured his books, treasures, stuffed animals and other special items that will really make the space his own.


He wants blue and black and fish, I want it to grow with him for a long time to come, and Honey wants to not spend a fortune.  We are using furniture we already have with the exception of the reading chair I scored for $190 on clearance at Home Decorators last week.  We will also use his current dresser and Mother’s childhood desk in the space (similar items are used as placeholders above).  And speaking of the desk, I love that Mother passed it down to me as a little girl and now it has gone to John.  I don’t love the maple finish, however, especially since there is already so much going on in there with the black beds, bookcase, dresser, and doors.  I’m really torn as to what to do with it - I generally love wood furniture but would rather paint it than not use it at all.

As for today, the room is in quite a state of disarray.  We’ve already added crown molding and repainted the room in Benjamin Moore Clay Beige.   (And by "we" y'all know I really mean "Honey".)

August 2013 420 
There’s much more to come on this topic!  Do let me know your thoughts on the desk.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment