Friday, September 27, 2013

More From the Animated Birds


More stuff on Free Birds and Rio 2...

The theatrical trailer for Turkeys... I mean, um... Free Birds, arrived yesterday alongside Frozen's trailer...



While I'm looking forward to this film, I think this trailer is just another typical animated film trailer that doesn't make the film look that good. In fact, I think the first trailer is much better in terms of the editing and structure. Also, the "Hold Onto Your Nuggets" tagline? Please...


Oh well, that's typical animation marketing. I have a feeling that this film will surprise me in some way. What do you think of the trailer? Are you looking forward to this film? Or not?

USA also gave us a first look at Rio 2 earlier this week...


From the images and plot details, it sounds decent. There's probably going to be lots of wacky comedy and whatnot (expected from a Blue Sky film), and probably lots of pop music to go with the samba. Also, the daughter having an iPod (pictured above) only reminds me of the iPod's prominence in the studio's previous feature, Epic.

Anyways, it's great that they aren't completely rehashing the first film, which I did enjoy very much. I like the idea of more macaws and Nigel returning, he was one of the best things about the first film if you ask me. I'm not exactly sure if I'm looking forward to this sequel or not, given that 2014 has us animation fanatics spoiled with the likes of How To Train Your Dragon 2The BoxTrolls, Book of Life, Big Hero 6. I guess if this was coming out this year, I'd be anticipating it more.

I'm just getting tired of the American animation marketplace being saturated with goofy family-friendly comedies, but Rio was one done right and maybe the sequel will be the same. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment