Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bulls Baseball

At just four years old, I can’t think of anything the baby loves more than baseball.  He could play all day, every day, and never tire of it.  Even so, I could hardly believe my eyes when he made his way out to pitcher for the first inning of his first game.  And when he stopped every ball, made incredible throws, and secured two outs, I had a moment.  A moment of pure, unadulterated, unabashed pride.  I wanted to stand up on the bleachers, throw my arms up and shout “THAT’S MY KID!!!!!!!  DID Y’ALL SEE THAT???  HE’S MINE!!”  But I just smiled and choked back the tears and tried to contain the heart leaping around in my chest.

JSW_4365 copy

September 2013 079 copy

And it didn’t stop there.  He “crushed the balls”, as he loves to say, and ran like he had wheels. 

September 2013 082 copy

JSW_4391

All the while grinning from ear to ear.  Just like his mama in the stands and his daddy on the field.

September 2013 087 copy

There really just can’t be much as rewarding and fulfilling as seeing your child excel in something that he loves.  Even if he’s only four years old.

Go Bulls!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment