Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tinkering {Before & After}

Last week I unearthed a great coastal bird print that I purchased a while back and never used.  Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it I was tinkering with the bar we have hidden away in our living room armoire.  It’s looked like this for the last four years…
 
October 2011 203
 
Using all things I already had around the house, I test drove the new look with y’all on instagram.  I hung the left over teal grass cloth in the back, pulled the Ballard knockoff sunburst mirror from the guest room, and test drove an Ikea Ribba frame for the bird.

photo1

After living with it for a few days, I pressed forward by gold leafing the ikea frame using Rub ‘n Buff in Gold Leaf.



November 2013 243 copy


And I loved it SO much, that Honey and Daddy-O took the doors off and removed the hardware!!!  It’s crazy what this easy and “free” fix did to brighten up the end of that room!!

November 2013 241 copy

Here’s the before…

July 2013 113 copy

… and the new after!

November 2013 139 copy

Now, who wants to come have a cocktail??
xoxo



Find me at: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Trendy Treehouse, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Say Not Sweet Anne, Tatertots and Jello, This Gal Cooks, A Stroll Through Life, Memories by the Mile, French Country Cottage, No Minimalist Here, The36th Avenue, It's Overflowing, Shine on Fridays, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, DIY Show Off, House of Hepworth, Made to be a Momma, 52 Mantels, I Heart Nap Time, The Frugal Girls,Six Sisters Stuff, One Project Closer,Jennifer Rizzo, Le Chateau des Fleurs, House on the Way, Common Ground, Hope Studios, Liz Marie Blog, Craft-O-Maniac,  Not Just a Housewife, Some Day Crafts, Miss Mustard Seed, Sugar and Dots, Elizabeth and Co, Rain on a Tin Roof, Coastal Charm, Uncommon Designs, Sew Can Do, Mop It Up Monday,Housewives of Riverton, The Tablescaper, A Lived In Home, SNAP, Alderberry Hill, The Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch,The Gunny Sack, Remodelaholic,Jembellish, Evolution of Style, Carrie this Home

No comments:

Post a Comment