Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tinkering {Before & After}

Last week I unearthed a great coastal bird print that I purchased a while back and never used.  Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it I was tinkering with the bar we have hidden away in our living room armoire.  It’s looked like this for the last four years…
 
October 2011 203
 
Using all things I already had around the house, I test drove the new look with y’all on instagram.  I hung the left over teal grass cloth in the back, pulled the Ballard knockoff sunburst mirror from the guest room, and test drove an Ikea Ribba frame for the bird.

photo1

After living with it for a few days, I pressed forward by gold leafing the ikea frame using Rub ‘n Buff in Gold Leaf.



November 2013 243 copy


And I loved it SO much, that Honey and Daddy-O took the doors off and removed the hardware!!!  It’s crazy what this easy and “free” fix did to brighten up the end of that room!!

November 2013 241 copy

Here’s the before…

July 2013 113 copy

… and the new after!

November 2013 139 copy

Now, who wants to come have a cocktail??
xoxo



Find me at: My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaTrendy TreehouseSavvy Southern StyleDIY by DesignSay Not Sweet AnneTatertots and JelloThis Gal CooksA Stroll Through LifeMemories by the MileFrench Country CottageNo Minimalist HereThe36th AvenueIt's OverflowingShine on FridaysFunky Polkadot GiraffeDIY Show OffHouse of HepworthMade to be a Momma52 MantelsI Heart Nap TimeThe Frugal Girls,Six Sisters StuffOne Project Closer,Jennifer RizzoLe Chateau des FleursHouse on the WayCommon GroundHope StudiosLiz Marie BlogCraft-O-Maniac,  Not Just a HousewifeSome Day CraftsMiss Mustard SeedSugar and DotsElizabeth and CoRain on a Tin RoofCoastal CharmUncommon DesignsSew Can DoMop It Up Monday,Housewives of RivertonThe TablescaperA Lived In HomeSNAPAlderberry HillThe Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch,The Gunny SackRemodelaholic,JembellishEvolution of StyleCarrie this Home

No comments:

Post a Comment