Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Gallery Wall for Brother

As revealed on Instagram a little while back, John’s gallery wall is up.  I took a wee break from the room after that, but project: brother’s room is moving full force ahead as of today.

November 2013 306 copy

Old Try sent me the Red Ryder print for Christmas last year and I knew the moment I opened it that it would live in here.  I positively adore their work and have prints in the baby’s room, the boy’s bath and the basement!

November 2013 307 copy

In addition to old and current photos, I’ve framed a vintage map of Georgia, our house portraits, a special monogrammed bib, a silhouette, the lyrics to Moon River, his John Derian plate, and some rules I made for always being a Southern gentleman.

November 2013 310 copy

November 2013 313 copy

November 2013 317 copy

I planned the wall using the same method as in the baby’s room last year.  I traced each frame onto our roll of art paper and cut it out.  I then used painter’s tape to play around with the design until I got it right.  It’s by no means quick and easy, but it is guaranteed to save your wall from looking like cottage cheese with a bunch of stray nail holes.

photogw

All of the frames are from the Ikea Ribba collection.  What did we do before that place?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment