Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Supper

Guess who’s going back to Disney in just FIVE short days?!?!?  That’s right!!!  And we kicked off the fun with a Not So Scary Halloween Supper!!

HalloweenSupper

I set the table with all things orange and black and spooky this Halloween season.  I had all of the fabric remnants, napkins and serving pieces in my stash so it came together pretty easily.

October 2013 066 copy

The Not So Scary supper menu had a Mexican theme.  Why, you ask?  I have NO idea!  I think it must have been the orange and black tortilla chips that I picked up at Target.  One thing just led to another and before I knew it I was procuring orange tortillas and dreaming up Disney villain inspired names for the fare.  The cute little jack o lantern faces are reusable clings that came in a pack at Target.  I just stuck them on my trusty old Starbucks bottles and cut out some mouse ears to finish them off.

October 2013 045 copy

October 2013 067 copy

October 2013 063 copy

We dined on Cruella de Vil Chips & Salsa, Evil Queen Quesadillas, Barbossa Beans & Rice, Oogie Boogie Oreos, and Maleficent Milk.  Like the tablescape, the food was quick and easy to prepare.

October 2013 064 copy 
October 2013 055 copy

October 2013 057 copy

October 2013 050 copy

October 2013 053 copy

October 2013 060 copy

October 2013 076 copy

Needless to say, the littles were beyond thrilled with the whole affair.  They had a good idea that we were going, but they didn’t know when and weren’t aware of the particulars.  We had so much fun discussing our day-by-day plans over supper!!

October 2013 073 copy

October 2013 048 copy

*squeals with delight*
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment