Saturday, October 19, 2013

Big Joe

I’m pretty sure my neighbor hates us.  Because I can’t think of any other good reason for giving someone’s kids a giant purple monkey when cleaning out your house.  The littles immediately latched on to him, naming him “Big Joe” and claiming him as their long lost brother.

photo 3

He’s been snuggled and hugged and talked to and read to non-stop for days.  I have to set the timer repeatedly for every 10 minutes so that they can take turns with Big Joe during the afternoon witching hour.

photo 1 (2) 
He even rides around in the car with us.  I mean, doesn’t everyone cart around a giant stuffed animal on every day errands?!?!
 photo 1 (8)

And to think that Honey had the gall to suggest trying to find a giant friend for “Big Joe” so that the children don’t have to share.  The up side of “Big Joe” is that he has handily ceased all talk of a dog.  So come to think of it, perhaps he’s not as hideous as I initially thought.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment