Thursday, August 8, 2013

Geared Up

As much as it pains me to write, it’s time to hang up the swim suits and set the alarms because school is nearly back in session.  It was high time for new backpacks around these parts and, after a few shoddily made rounds with other brands, I finally bit the bullet and ordered backpacks from LL Bean.  I have gear from them that has lasted for years and years and just keeps on going.  I had a coupon for 20% off and free shipping, so I sat the PCP down at the computer and went through every single make and model until we agreed on the Explorer Backpacks and Flip Top Lunch Boxes.  Red for John, blue for Whit.  They are well made and just the right size to grow with them for a few years.

August 2013 049

After two years of packing lunches every single day in Easy Lunch Boxes containers, it was time to replenish my supply.  I have literally used these and run them through the dishwasher every single day and only had one small corner chip off of one lid!  Since I was ordering, I also added in the new Mini Dippers.  Before sauces and condiments kind of made a mess so I was thrilled to see these come out.  Be warned, these containers do not fit in all lunchboxes, so measure first if you plan to use them.  A couple of water bottles later and we’re ready for school!

August 2013 065

August 2013 067

Since we order school supplies on-line by grade and gender and they arrive at the classrooms at meet the teacher day, that is always taken care of.  I used to love shopping for supplies as a kid and explicitly remember Mother taking us to the CVS to pick them out after the first day of school!  But times have changed and I’m sure not going to do something the hard way when there is a no-brainer way to get it done.  We did pick up a few things to replenish our homework cart at home.

August 2012 564 copy

Here’s to a great year!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment