Monday, August 12, 2013

And They’re Off

Well, just like that another school year has commenced.  I realize it sounds cliché, but time really does fly.  As has become our tradition on first day’s of school years past, Honey fired up the griddle for pancakes and we had a nice little breakfast to send them off.  Except this year were were celebrating TWO, not just one!  I brought out my DIY chalkboard, our Happy Everything plate (sadly, the school bus attachment is retired but I found it on ebay) and a little school bus and letter magnets found at the Dollar Tree last year to set the table.

August 2013 089 copy

When Honey proclaimed these his “best letter pancakes yet”, I told him it must be satisfying to have finally fulfilled his life long dream of mastering the pancake pen.  *bwahahahaha*  I assure you this was a talent he never aimed to have.

August 2013 091 copy

August 2013 094

August 2013 092 copy

The baby’s breakfast happened an hour after the PCP’s.  He could not crack open his baby blues to save his life and I wasn’t about to force him out of bed a minute early.

August 2013 103

August 2013 093 copy  
John headed off on the bus to second grade, just as confident and excited as ever.  I had planned to take him to school, or at least to follow the bus to school (I mean, come on) , but when the other kids started showing up at the bus stop I gave him a big hug and knew it was time to let him spread his wings.

August 2013 095  August 2013 097     August 2013 102 copy 
Cookie is attending a two-day pre-K at the same school and with the same incredible teacher that big brother had.  So I’ll still have him at home with me five days a week for one more year.
 August 2013 111  August 2013 112C 
2013SCHOOL

And while I my heart swells with joy to see them experience the world outside of our little nest, it is incredibly bittersweet. 

Godspeed, little angels.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment