Monday, January 14, 2013

Unbelievable Reese’s Bars

Y’all, Reese’s are hands down without a doubt my all time favorite candy concoction.  And this no-bake homemade variety is even more unbelievable than the original!!

January 2013 026 copy

Reese’s Bars
3 sticks margarine, divided
18 oz-ish jar creamy peanut butter
1 lb bag/box confectioners sugar
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

Melt two sticks of margarine.  Thoroughly combine it with peanut butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs.  Press into lightly greased baking dish (I use large rectangle pyrex).  Melt chocolate chips with last stick of margarine in microwave.  Spread on top.  Refrigerate well and cut into squares. 

I’ll have you know that this is the only recipe I have that specifically calls for margarine.  And while it seems so decidedly un-Southern to use margarine rather than butter, I don’t mess with it because it’s just SO darn good!!

Now, I cannot be held responsible if this causes anyone to fall off the boat on their new year’s resolutions :-)

The PCP ran a fever last night but seems fit as a fiddle and fever free this morning.  There was no way I was sending him to school when 1) he had a 103 temp at ten last night and 2) the flu is crazy bad here and he is/was obviously already fighting something.  I have sentenced him to a rainy day full of lying on the sofa, sipping powerade and getting loved by mommy.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment