Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Resolution

The W family is on the brink of its very own sort of fiscal cliff – Honey has decided to become our household CFO after ten years of turning his head on pretty much all expenditures.  I suppose it’s time…  *wipes tear from eye*

With this in mind and considering all of the “things” I’ve stashed away because they were 1) too good of a deal, 2) something I’d totally need “one day” or 3) all of the above, I have plenty of projects to keep me busy and one resolution for 2013 -

evaluate

- To evaluate everything I buy and ensure it has a specific and immediate purpose (which will also help tremendously when Honey starts logging on to check the amex)

- To evaluate everything I commit myself and my family to doing/going/supporting/etc (I have always taken my role as guardian of our family calendar seriously but fear it may get out of hand as the baby is on the brink of having is own friends and activities)

- To evaluate everything stashed away in a closet or cabinet to ensure it's something we truly need (you know, so I don't go all hoarders over the years)

I haven’t made resolutions in eons but I’m pretty darn thrilled to be back in the saddle.  There are many good things to come in 2013!!! 
xoxo


(As a side note, I'm proclaiming this resolution to the "world" while under the lingering haze of nighttime cold meds.  UGH.  Please excuse any ramblings that don't quite make sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment