Saturday, September 22, 2012

sketching...

I've been busy doing some new Marty & Morty gags, so here's some of the stuff I'm working on right now. Since a few years, I do all my inks digitally while trying to keep in touch with some of the basics by keeping the the sketching traditional, so using pencil and paper. But I'm in a hurry here, so to speed up the workflow I recently started doing that digitally as well.

Using my trusted Wacom and the new Photoshop CS6, I Customized some of the brushes to emulate my non-repro blue pencils, which gives the artwork a really authentic feeling. To be honest, I don't know if I ever wanna go back! Cool stuff. Here's a little sample... Marty is looking pretty angry here!

photoshop CS6, digital comic sketching

Photoshop CS6, digital comic inking



No comments:

Post a Comment