Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A New Old Chair

If you love a good before and after chair project as much as I do then you’re in for a treat today!  Remember this sad little chair that shared in my big boy room kick off?

iphone 625
Weeeeeelllllll, a couple of yards of fabric and a trip to my favorite upholsterer later and she’s sporting a pretty swell new do.  Carved legs, vellvet upholstery and double welting…oh my!
September 2012 173 copy September 2012 175 copy
I purchased the fabric – Como Gris – from Calico Corners at least a year ago.  It was mis-marked in the store and after a desperate little hissy fit they went on and sold it to me for a SONG at $15 a yard (supposed to be $45/yard).

There’s really nothing like a gorgeous antique chair to set my heart a aflutter.  They just don’t make ‘em like they used to.
xoxo

Flattered for the features at Homemaker on a Dime and Southern Hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment