Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alabama Cupcakes {Free Printable}

The PCP’s teacher professed to be a huge Alabama fan and to love baking so, with football kicking off, I put together a cute little themed treat for her.
September 2012 020 cop2y
I put Honey’s extensive sports knowledge to the test by quizzing him on Alabama’s colors, mascot and logo and then pulled together everything Mrs. B will need to bake cupcakes for her team this football season. I lucked out with some serious sales and the grand total for the gift rang up to under eight dollars. The sprinkles and cupcake liners are from Michael’s and the basket is from Dollar Tree.
September 2012 016 cop2y
I created labels for the Crimson Cake, Fan Frosting and Spirit Sprinkles and made a set of four different cupcake flags.  (Thanks Mother for cutting them all out!)
September 2012 007 copy
September 2012 011 copy  September 2012 010 copy September 2012 012 copy
September 2012 014 copy
And because I did all this work and don’t know a single other Alabama fan, I thought I’d share it out here in the event that any of y’all roll with tide (or whatever it is Alabama fans say.)  :-)
Alabama Cupcakes

Right before we handed it over I thought to myself “She did say Alabama and not Auburn, right?!?!  And that A does stand for the right team, right?!?!?”.  That’s what I get for sticking my nose into something I know nothing about (sports.)  Relief flooded over me when she seemed to be genuinely thrilled. Now, I need to get myself in gear and make one of these for Georgia Tech!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment