Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Epic" Trailer is Epic... Sort Of...


Here it is, the first trailer for Blue Sky's Epic (based on William Joyce's The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs), which is hitting theaters on May 24, 2013.


Personally, I was satisfied, but this trailer didn't necessarily blow me away. I did like the animation, the character designs and the well-staged action scenes. The use of music instead of constant jokes and talking was also a plus, as it isn't like most trailers for animated films. They saved some dialogue for the end, some rather unspectacular dialogue. Even though it's just mere seconds, I just hope the rest of the script isn't like that. Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky, but we'll see whenever the next trailer appears.

That said, this looks like a very pretty film. I was expecting a bit more from the trailer, but it does look like something I'd see. At least it isn't another Ice Age-like comedy. What do you think? Are you looking forward to this? Sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment