Thursday, June 21, 2012

KJO & Kris Ramble #4: "Brave" Reviews

In our fourth ramble for "KJO & Kris", Kris and I talk about the reviews Brave has been getting. As of now, it's at 70% on Rotten Tomatoes.



Like I said in the Brave Father's Day clip thoughts post, I think there's a bias going on here. I think the critics feel comfortable nitpicking Pixar now that they made a "failure" (Cars 2), so it makes me wonder. If WALL-E or Up were released after Cars 2, would these critics nitpick the much-nitpicked second halves of those two films? Also, what if John Lasseter's anthropomorphic automobiles sequel never existed? Would the critics treat this film like a masterpiece? Or is it actually a problematic film? Are their criticisms legitimate?

You'll find out from me on Saturday, when I see the film.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment