Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Morning Pretty

Our new sofa arrived last Wednesday!!!  *squeal*  And I thought y’all might enjoy starting your Monday by gazing at this pretty.  I know I did…

 

January 2014 107 copy 

Just for kicks, here is what it looked like before…  (you might also notice that I’ve moved the chairs to flank the fireplace and y’all already know that I’ve fiddled with the coffee table and moved those silhouette pillows to the PCP’s room)

July 2012 282

 

It’s the two cushion Monterey sofa from Ethan Allen with a waterfall skirt, and I just adore its graceful lines.

 

January 2014 112 copy

It has the exact same seating (down to an inch!) as our old sofa, but the simple arms make it fit much better in the space.

 

January 2014 111 copy

The fabric is a little lighter than I thought, but it’s an indoor/outdoor Sunbrella fabric and was billed as durable and easy to clean.  And, although we don’t eat or drink outside of the kitchen, I still added the 5 year protection plan.  Something tells me I will be very glad about that one day :-)  It’s very subtle, but there is a tone on tone stripe, alternating solid and herringbone.

January 2014 109

I’m smitten with the new look and am itching to get some pillows done.  But that’s another project for another day…

 

January 2014 108 copy

 

I don’t know about y’all but we have a three day weekend coming up, and that somehow makes starting a new week seem like so much more fun.  Yee haw!!

xoxo

 

See the rest of the room!

Tour the whole kit and caboodle here!

No comments:

Post a Comment