Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fiddling

Pigs must be flying because the hole in my ceiling is finally fixed.  It’s been a sore spot (literally) for almost a month, and I eventually even got tired of hearing myself moan and groan about it.  Well, no more gals!  The second that sucker was painted I started fiddling around with finding new homes for some of my Christmas gifts!!!

The coffee table in the den was tweaked to fit the vase the boys gave me for Christmas.  It’s Nate Berkus for Target and there are two things I love about it: 1) It’s petite and perfect for $5 worth of flowers from Trader Joes (one of my “resolutions”) and 2) It adds a perfect touch of modern sparkle to a pretty traditional room.
January 2014 038 copy

I took away a candle and added this gorgeous aqua shell that Mother dolled up as a Christmas gift for Sister and me.  I couldn’t love it more!!  The string of rhinestones is just perfection.  She found the shell at Clutter Savannah.  They always have a wonderful selection at good prices.

January 2014 040 copy

And, I added the starfish she made on top of my little bowl of mini starfish. 

January 2014 042 copy

Sister tied the gorgeous little pressed metal piece onto my Christmas gift (money!!) and I ended up using it on the lamp on the little curio in the den.  I’m not sure that it will stay there, but that kinda goes for everything in the house.  I do love to fiddle.

January 2014 043 copy

January 2014 044 copy

And lastly, my new gorgeous Alison Evans bowl from Hazelnut has replaced the old apothecary jars in my kitchen to hold fruit.  (It is the large size.)

January 2014 024 copy

I still owe y’all a big reveal of the PCP’s new room and pics of the new sofa.  Stay tuned…
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment