Friday, July 12, 2013

Southern Sweet Tea Bar

The Southern Sweet Tea Bar has become the usual drink stand at our annual Independence Day soiree. 

July 2013 033 copy

I offer a lemonade, sweet tea, Firefly sweet tea vodka, fresh mint and lavender from our garden, and lemon and lime wedges. Guests of ages wet their whistle on concoctions including Arnold Palmers (sweet tea + lemonade), Firefly Cocktails (lemonade + Firefly) and Drunken Palmers (sweet tea + lemonade + Firefly).

July 2011 063c

Now, it goes without saying that I like my tea sweeeeeeet.  I make it the same way Mother taught me to make it when I first ventured out on my own nearly twenty years ago.  Gulp.  Here's how I do it:
- I have coffee maker that is dedicated to tea.  I fill the caraffe with 10 cups of water and use 1 family sized tea bag or 3 regular sized bags per pot.  I prefer Luzianne bags.
- As the pot brews, I add 1 cup of sugar to my pitcher.  Pour in the hot tea and fill to the 2 quart line with water.  Stir and chill.  Or drink it while it's still hot in the winter.

It’s easy, fun and so-Southern – what’s not to love?!?!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment