Friday, December 14, 2012

Seeing Santa

Earlier this week the littles donned their holiday finery and we trotted off to Phipps for a visit with the South’s most renowned Santa.  It’s amazing how far we’ve come in the last seven years… you know, from lists hastily scrawled by mommy and cheeks wet with tears to lists topped with “my two front teeth” and giddy smiles abounding.

December 2012 003 copy
December 2012 009
December 2012 008 copy
December 2012 012 copy

Our time with the jolly elf himself went off splendidly.  The littles chattered non stop as he carefully perused their wish lists.  Oh, to have heard the intimate details of that conversation!
 December 2012 015 copy2  December 2012 020 copy  December 2012 021 copy  December 2012 027 copy 
He really is a gorgeous Santa and we always look forward to this tradition when Christmas rolls around.
December 2012 034 copy
Seeing as our photo session went off so swimmingly and the littles were occupied with their candy canes, Mother and I couldn’t help put peek in the windows at Tiffany.  That first little vignette… *swoon* … and the Tiffany wreath *love* …
December 2012 038  December 2012 039  December 2012 042
At this point our excursion was so perfect and the littles were being such dolls that we popped into the Lilly store.  We settled the littles into chairs and I was nearly walking on air with my good fortune when things went completely haywire.  I am approximately two feet away from the baby when he says “I’ve gotta go potty” and just starts going.  Right there in the gorgeous tufted chair in the middle of the Lilly store.  A little part of me died at that moment.  I really can’t recall being that mortified maybe… um, EVER!  The Lilly ladies were sooo gracious and immediately started relaying stories of their own children’s accidents but Mother and I insisted on cleaning it up ourselves.  What really gets my goat is that I take the baby into all sorts of lovely places (think the WalMart or Citgo or even the playground) on a regular basis and he’s NEVER EVER EVER had an accident in public like that.  I seriously may never show my face in the Lilly store again…  (Much to Honey’s pleasure, I’m sure.)

*still blushing*
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment