Friday, July 6, 2012

"Rise of the Guardians" Trailer #2


Well it's about time, we got the second trailer for DreamWorks' upcoming film Rise of the Guardians. While I wasn't as impressed with this trailer, I am still looking forward to the film and it does look like it could be DreamWorks' best film.



Anyways, this trailer does show that this film is going to have a very colorful and elaborate visual style. The writing? I didn't think it was all that great, but it definitely does not annoy. I can't say the same about most of the previous DreamWorks' films and some other animated films, namely Epic. Some of the jokes here are funny, while others are the take-it-or-leave-it variety.

I also like how the trailer tells us a little bit more about Jack Frost himself, and how big of a threat Pitch is. Even though I wasn't too crazy about his design, as seen on his character poster, he does come off as a pretty good menace. The character designs are great, like I've said before, but I found it funny how Frost mistakes the Easter Bunny for a kangaroo because he does have an interesting design to say the least.

Everything else looks good: The set design, the lighting, the colors. It looks very pretty, and quite frankly, this will probably be the most beautiful-looking DreamWorks film to date. The marketing is at least playing up Guillermo del Toro and William Joyce, but at the same time, Paramount's kind of going an Avengers-esque route with some of the posters and banners. That said, they're trying to make something seemingly silly like this concept come off as something epic. I'm certainly looking forward to it, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment