Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thoughts and Musings about this year's Oscar race


Well, this years Oscar race is over. If you're reading this blog, then you probably already knew that it went to The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. It wasn't my favorite from this year (that would have been Wild Life), but it was a fine film and was well deserved for the win. Then again, all of the films are great, even the ones that I didn't like. I hope that someday you'll get a chance to watch them.

Anyways, here's a few things that I thought of while watching the Oscars.

-I was surprised to see that the Best Animated Short Oscar had been pushed to near the end of the ceremony. Normally they'd present the short categories near the beginning or the middle. I remember last year it was only the fourth award to be presented, but that's not the case this year.. In fact there were only four categories after it: Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Picture. (Never mind that it took them an hour to present those four awards.) However, I don't mind this. Normally more important categories show up later, so the Best Animated Short category may be starting to gain prominence.

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment