Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summer Porch

The pollen is gone and the porch has been fluffed and readied for summer!

May 2013 372 copy

The itty bitty shrubs we planted last year have knocked my socks off.  I’ve finally had planting success…take that, black thumb!  Would you believe I nearly dug up the hostas because I forgot I planted them and thought they were weeds when I saw the first shoots coming up?!?! 

May 2013 375 copy

May 2013 374 copy

Y’all come on in and sit for a spell!  I’ve branched out of my usual low maintenance potato vine for a few colorful flowers.

May 2013 351 copy

Nothing has changed since I first shared the reveal last summer.  We did decide to go ahead and put screens up – probably in the next couple of weeks!

May 2013 360 copy

May 2013 366 copy

May 2013 323 copy

I adore our new beverage tub compliments of HKL Designs!!  Tricia was able to create my custom monogram in vinyl!!!!  I cannot tell you how exciting this is!

May 2013 324 copy

May 2013 364 copy

May 2013 365 copy

This bed was previously overrun with monkey grass and lord knows what else – probably snakes and spiders from the way it looked.  We moved the fountain from our old house (much to Honey’s dismay at its ton-age).  Honey dug up all of the monkey grass and we planted a few hostas.  They are babies now, but I have high hopes that they will be big and lush this time next year.

May 2013 371 copy

For more details and source information than you’d ever want to know, see my original post.

I do believe I’ll take my coffee outside today.  It’s summertime in the South, y'all!
xoxo


Flattered for the features at No Minimalist Here and French Country Cottage!


Find me at: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Tatertots and Jello, A Stroll Through Life, French Country Cottage, No Minimalist Here, The36th Avenue, It's Overflowing, Shine on Fridays, DIY Show Off, House of Hepworth, 52 Mantels, I Heart Nap Time, The Frugal Girls,Six Sisters Stuff, One Project Closer, Jennifer Rizzo, Le Chateau des Fleurs, Common Ground, Liz Marie Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Miss Mustard Seed, Sugar Bee Crafts, Elizabeth and Co, Rain on a Tin Roof, Coastal Charm, Uncommon Designs, Mop It Up Monday, The Tablescaper, A Lived In Home

No comments:

Post a Comment