Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dressing Southern Tots

Now, I realize it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I’ve been asked a few times for a list of my favorite clothes sources for dressing Southern tots.  I haven’t been shopping the boutique circuit for some time since the baby is now four and has a closet full of hand-me-downs, so there are likely some I’ve missed.  Feel free to add to the list by commenting below!

Dixie Delights Dressing Southern Tots
My favorite lines – most sell online and through trunk shows:

And some favorite brands:
  • Feltman Brothers
  • Anavini
  • Silly Goose
  • Vive la Fete
  • Petit Ami
  • Bailey Boys
  • Remember Nguyen
  • Mud Pie

Other tips:
  • eBay is a great source for gently used clothing.  Just search for the brands above! 
  • Etsy wasn’t very popular when I was dressing my little ones in smocks and appliques, but I see darling things on there all the time now and at a fraction of the cost of some of the boutique brands. 
  • Sister finds loads of deals on all sorts of kids clothes Facebook pages.  Maybe she’ll chime in with some favorites in the comments (hint hint)
  • I bought the majority of their clothes a season ahead once they went on sale, and then splurged on a few can’t-live-without full priced things once the new lines came out.
  • Once I found out I was having another boy, I monogrammed everything with a W for our last name so that both boys could wear them.

Now, what I can’t help with is talking your husbands into bubbles and peter pan collars :-)  Honey was a doll to grant me a few short years of dressing them however I pleased so long as I promised not to send them off to Kindergarten in a smocked shortall.  I sure am glad I took FULL advantage of it while I could (you should see the reprehensible outfit the baby has chosen for today – think spiderman socks meet pin striped baseball pants with a tie dyed shirt to pull the ensemble together).
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment